The California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis is keeping two scholarship contests for the 2022 remembrance of the Armenian Genocide. California superior university college students from 9th grade by way of 12th grade are invited to take part in an essay contest and/or a visual arts contest to maximize increased consciousness of the Armenian Genocide on its anniversary.
All winners will be contacted instantly and declared to mainstream and Armenian media by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation on April 15, 2022. All winners will be awarded scholarships and will be acknowledged at the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundations’ yearly Armenian Advocacy Day and get special recognition from the users of the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis. First artwork will be asked for from visual arts candidates if they are selected as a finalist for attainable screen in the California Point out Capitol.
***Thanks to COVID-19 limitations, remaining aspects will be supplied closer to the party date.
Conditions for every single contest are in depth under. Learners could enter both equally contests, but submissions have to be entered individually.
Essay Scholarship Awards:
First Area: $1,000
2nd Location: $750
3rd Spot: $500
Visual Art Scholarship Awards:
Initially Put: $1,000
Next Position: $750
Third Put: $500
The deadline for all essay and visible arts submissions is April 8, 2022.
This year’s producing prompt calls on college students to presume that:
- They have been hired to operate for a still-to-be-constructed Armenian American Nationwide Museum, with the museum to be situated in Glendale, California.
- They have obtained phrase from the museum director that just one wing of the museum will be entitled Notable Armenian Americans.
- They are to share with the director, in the type of an interior memo, one person’s title that really should be highlighted in this wing of the museum and the rationale(s) that this title should really so be highlighted.
The students’ inner memo must be penned working with the template below and accompanying guidelines:
Proposed Museum Show
Armenian American Nationwide Museum
From: [Your Full Name]
[School Name] / [Grade]
Re: A Noteworthy Armenian American
Suggestion for Proposed Museum Exhibit
Date: [Insert Date]
Identify OF Human being Staying Recommended
(Insert below the name of the human being you are recommending. Indeed, it can be a relative or an individual you know. It can also be someone you have only just lately figured out about.)
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH (100 text max)
(Insert listed here a temporary description of the existence of the person you are recommending.)
Concentrated SKETCH (500 words max)
(Insert below what you would want to have clearly presented in the exhibit about the individual you are recommending. This is your possibility to go into depth about this particular person, answering the problem: What will make this Armenian American so noteworthy?)
Personalized Connection (100 words and phrases max)
(Insert here what induced you to want to propose this individual? Are you relevant to this individual? Have they accomplished one thing that you far too want to carry out? Does this particular person have a own story that you in some way hook up to? Share something about you that allows the museum exhibit visitor much better have an understanding of why you advised this human being to be highlighted in the show.)
TAKEAWAY (50 words and phrases max)
(Insert listed here possibly a imagined or a issue that you want the public to have in brain after encountering your proposed part of the show. In other text, what do you want the general public stating to alone when it learns about the human being you are recommending?)
MISCELLANEOUS (50 words max)
(Insert right here everything else you may possibly like to increase. This can incorporate any shots, drawings, charts, reserve excerpts, and many others., but no inbound links to any online video and/or audio clips or any webpages.)
All submissions have to be been given by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Basis electronically on or in advance of April 8, 2022 by making use of this submission type. Any submissions sent following the deadline will not be approved.
At the top of your interior memo, remember to include things like your name, age, deal with, large faculty, and grade together with your teacher’s name, e-mail tackle, and topic region.
Visible Arts Prompt
This year’s theme is “Human to Human Interaction.” All candidates need to create their submission in keeping with this topic.
- Particular assertion (300-500 text) detailing the artwork and how it connects to the topic of human-to-human interaction. In the prime still left corner, applicant ought to include things like: identify, age, major tackle, significant school, quality, teacher’s title and subject matter (if relevant), telephone amount, and e-mail tackle (this information will not rely as portion of the complete word depend).
- Only two-dimensional, visible art submissions will be acknowledged. Submission forms are minimal to drawings, paintings, images, digital illustrations, and graphic style.
- Submissions may well not exceed an 11×17 body and need to weigh less than 25 pounds.
- Submissions may perhaps not consist of any nudity, abnormal and/or graphic violence, racial slurs, derogatory and/or offensive language, profanity, and may not make use of or replicate present artwork. All submissions should be first do the job produced by the applicant.
- Email subject matter, as effectively as titles of the attached doc, must be formatted as follows: “CALC – Pupil Identify – Title of Piece” (e.g. CALC – William Saroyan – The Time of Your Everyday living).
- Submissions ought to consist of the private statement and satisfy the standards stated.
- Submissions must involve a substantial-definition photograph of the artwork, be absolutely sure to get a close up picture with sufficient lighting for the reviewers to see the detail of the get the job done. It is suitable to post up to five pictures. Be knowledgeable of the lighting of the piece and supply various angles to showcase the depth of the artwork.
- Submissions must contain 1 new large-definition photograph of the applicant, suitable for publication (e.g. cap and robe images, qualified headshots, or good quality pictures/near-ups of the applicant).
All submissions will have to be been given by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus Foundation electronically on or ahead of April 8, 2022 by employing this submission kind. Any submissions sent right after the deadline will not be accepted.
At the top rated of your personal assertion, you should involve your name, age, tackle, superior faculty, and quality along with your teacher’s name, electronic mail deal with, and matter spot.